Sunday, July 18, 2010

Big house, little family

Luke and I have the house to ourselves for the week while mom and dad visit Jack and Amy in Indiana.  We are using the time to get John John on a  better routein.  My brilliant friend Whitney told me about The Baby Whisperer and the issues she addresses in her book are EXACTLY what we need help with.  Thank you, thank you! She helped me to see that I was feeding him too little too often and encouraging some bad habits such as eating a few times at night and making him dependent on us to fall asleep.  So the transition begins.  It has been a rough couple of nights.  When he woke up this morning he had a hard time nursing.  I was so tired and frusterated and had to put him down and go cry in the shower for a while.  I am so glad to have a husband to share the responsibility!  It works out good that we have our breakdown moments at different times and can give the other one a pep talk when necessary.  I only wish he could breastfeed.

1 comment:

  1. Alright, I got a shout out! Love it. Hope the info in the book is as helpful for you as it was for us!

    ReplyDelete